Investing in Rental Property
We offer a complete service that includes finding deals, negotiating the lowest possible purchase price, offering optional private financing, offering optional rehab service at typically 30% less than other local contractors, section 8 approval, tenant screening, tenant placement, management and maintenance service, bookkeeping and accounting, and much more.
Why Real Estate?
When purchased correctly, Real Estate has several advantages over many other investments like stocks, bonds, CDs and mutual funds. Some of those advantages are:
- Passive Income – Holding Real Estate as rental properties generates an income each and every month the property is occupied by a good tenant. If a professional property management is in place, that income is considered Passive Income, which is taxed at a lower rate than “active” or “earned” income.
- Inflationary Hedge – Real estate investments have traditionally been a terrific inflation hedge to protect against a loss in purchasing power of the dollar. Don’t take our word for it: “I like it because I think you are going to have massive inflation at some point, and to me real estate is a much better hedge against inflation than gold.” – Donald Trump
- Stability – The stock market is more volatile and the value of a mutual fund can change significantly over a relatively short period of time. Investing in rental Real Estate is long term pursuit of wealth through the generation of monthly cash flow and steadily increasing values, maintaining stability if purchased correctly, regardless of “boom and bust” cycles.
- Control – Real Estate Investors have direct control over the decisions which govern the state of affairs regarding their properties. Investors in stocks and mutual funds are subjected to daily market whims as well as foreign and domestic economic turbulence – governed primarily by company directors, fund managers, bureaucrats and central banks.
- Leverage – Real Estate is one of the only investments where people are able to borrow money specifically for purchasing. A real estate investor can borrow a significant portion of the cost of a property. Not only that, people are also able to refinance better terms whenever interest rates become more favorable.
For the past five years, Tampa has been ranked among the top 10 cities in the world for investing in residential rental Real Estate. Below are some widely known publications to back these claims up.
The Perfect Storm
Combine these factors together and we have ourselves a “Perfect Storm” for investing in Tampa Bay cashflow rental properties.
- Property values have dropped significantly, especially in the State of Florida.
- Rents have not been affected by this downturn.
- Florida is one of the states with the largest number of foreclosures in the country.
- As a result of the “sub-prime mortgage meltdown” banks are becoming more stringent with lending practices making it more difficult, even for people with good credit to get a home loan.
- The Hillsborough County Property Appraiser just released statistics showing that “Lis Pendens” filings are on track to exceed those of 2011. This can likely translate into an identical increase in Hillsborough County Foreclosures.
- More people with foreclosures on record means even less people qualifying for loans, which results in more people looking for homes to rent.
- The rental occupancy rate in Tampa Bay is averaged at around 92%.
Why Use Us?
We do 5 important things that concern this type of investor:
- We locate and negotiate the best deals in town through our contacts in the court house and in some private banks.
- We finance these deals to our investors up to 80% through some private lenders who we’ve partnered up with.
- Our in-house construction crew will get the home rehabbed and ready for tenants if necessary; even getting the property approved for Section-8. We do this work at rates that are typically 30% lower than the average contractor would charge.
- We work extra hard to have the property occupied within 90 to 120 days.
- We provide top-notch property management and maintenance for the time you own your investment.
We provide a one-stop-shopping experience for a real estate investor of any background or experience level.
Seasoned Investors – Many experienced investors do not have the time to negotiate these deals, oversee the rehab work, and ultimately deal with the tenants, nor do they want to. We do all that dirty work so they don’t have to.
New Investors – Someone who is new to investing typically moves very carefully to avoid making mistakes that could potentially cost them lots of money in the long run. We take the fear away by holding them by the hand and walking them through the entire process – from “A to Z”.
Private Lenders – Seasoned investors, rookies, or anyone who would like to invest in real estate but does not want to participate in the routine of renting and or tenancy – looking for a more conservative and passive income.
Before getting started, be sure to read the Articles and Testimonials to get a clearer picture of what we have to offer. Filling out the Investor Profile Sheet will give us a brief background and a good starting ground for building a long lasting relationship with each new client who comes aboard.